Monday 20 April 2020

Hide and Seek - Poem

Here is my Hide and Seek poem I wrote. There is an animation
down below about this poem. Hope you like my poem.

3...2...1 Here I come!, 
Ssssshhhh! She’s coming! 
Climbing into the empty spa trying not to make a single noise 
Slipping and bruising my arm 
Closing the lid without a creak 
Lying flat down on the hard seats 
Below the lid in the empty abandoned spa  
Watchful not to bump our heads  
Not giving away where we are hiding  
Trying our hardest to be mute but we get the giggles  
Holding our breaths  
The weak smell of chlorine creeping up my nose  
Can’t even see a glimpse of my hiding buddies  
Only pitch black all around us  
But can feel their chilly skin up against mine  
Hearing their heavy breathing in my ear 
Can’t move anywhere  
Getting worst cramp in my leg every second   
Hearing Nana’s footsteps coming towards us  
Starting to feel claustrophobic 
Breathing heavier
Hoping Nana will look under the lid
Grateful to have hiding buddies
“Hurry up” 
Panicked she has gone inside  
Falling off the seat into the cool puddles on the bottom 
SPLASH!
Now getting wetter and colder  
Getting the giggles
Noisier and Noisier  
Nana overhears us giggling  
Opens the cover  
“Found you”
“Finally” I reply

3 comments:

  1. Hey Millah,
    How are you doing? Keeping warm and cozy during Learning from Home?
    I really enjoyed your Hide and Seek poem. You used lots of poetry language features. I even rhymed "creak" and "seat" in my head.
    Why is your blog set out so weirdly?
    See ya
    Mrs Gully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Millah,
    I am Albin, a yr8 at YMS.

    Your poem was amazing. I really liked the part where you said 'Trying our hardest to be mute but we get the giggles'.

    Some word rhymes but it would be better if you had written the whole poem in a rhyming pattern. And also turn it into para's so that it is easier to read.

    I would really love to write poems, but I have no ideas. Would you like to suggest me one?

    Kind regards,
    Albin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Albin
    Thank you for your lovely comment. Also thanks for you feedback. Maybe you could write a colour poem about your favourite colour.

    Bye for now - Millah

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.