Friday 10 April 2020

Sticks and Stones - Author Purpose

Author Purpose


Task:  Pretend you are the author of
this book and explain why you chose this title. 
What message is this book trying to teach us? 

I chose this title because I wanted
to prove the saying (Sticks and stones may
break my bones but words will never hurt me mean) wrong.
You can get hurt by what people
say to you or about you. For example,
the words that people call Elyse appear
and hurt her. Words can hurt you on the
outside (like Elyse) and on the inside. I also
wanted to teach people that it is not okay to
call people mean/nasty names or words. It can
really hurt someone. You might not see that
they are hurt but on the inside they are hurting.
That is why I called this book ‘Sticks and Stones’
to prove this saying wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.